Thursday, November 20, 2014

New haircut that is FANTASTIC

I'm making some serious progress with chapter 6 in my book.  I'm having this sense of here I am.  Satisfying.  Satisfying.

I'm working on a column for the City Paper, a column that will--wait for it--deal with something other than brain tumors and radiation!  It will deal with political issues, one that's quite impressive and one that allows me one of my favorite kinds of writing:  I'll get to be outraged.

But I'm not going to give you excerpts.  Instead, I want you to see the haircut updates I had done yesterday.  This seems to be hair that requires no attention.  I woke up this morning, patted my head, and there you go:  done.  Plus, this hair isn't at all girlish.  It doesn't have the "I'm a really sweet middle-class mom."  Instead, my hair says other things.  "How's it going ?" (that would be my hair not being dramatic), "Is she a woman?", and my favorite, texted to me by a friend:  "Baller."

This picture is fine.  But the next one is better.


You can't see it in this picture, but Maybelle has lost a tooth! More on that later.

3 comments:

  1. Damn. Things are really looking good -- both literally and figuratively. I can't wait to read your rage and love seeing these strong and beautiful photos of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth. Every time you write I feel terrible that I haven't read your blog! I always get so much from it. These days I'm feeling well enough that I need to jump back into your world.

    ReplyDelete